(Via Google Translate)
The Tugendbrunnen was built between 1584 and 1589 during the sensuous Renaissance period by the Nuremberg ore founder Benedikt Wurzelbauer. Like the beautiful fountain [Schönen Brunnen], it is one of the symbols of the city of Nuremberg and is located on the north side of the Lorenzkirche on Lorenzer Platz. Seven human figures and six putti adorn the bronze fountain column, which is divided into three floors and rises from an octagonal basin. The seven figures represent the seven virtues of the Middle Ages, with six putti between them.
Fountain with a central column with three storeys with statues:
Top: Gerechtigkeit – Justice, blindfolded woman with scales and sword, with behind here a crane.
Middle: six music-making putti with coats of arms (each coat of arms appears twice):
Great arms of Nürnberg (eagle with a king’s head)
Holy Roman Empire (crowned, double-headed eagle)
Small arms of Nürnberg (eagle and red bends)
Lower: six virtues
Glaube – Faith, woman with chalice and cross.
Liebe – Charity, woman with two children.
Hoffnung – Hope, woman with anchor.
Tapferheit – Fortitude, armoured woman with gun and lion.
Mäßigkeit – Temperance, woman pouring wine from a jug in a goblet.
Geduld – Patience, woman with lamb.
Statues – Hither & Thither